Subject: RE: [Leica] Leitz Focomat IIa lamp question.
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 08:44:47 -0000

Gabe,

I can't recall what I used in mine, other that it being the highest wattage
enlarger bulb I could find, this might have contributed to poor field
illumination, though I can't see why it should. I spent hours trying all
sorts of positions for the hieght of the bulb and the interior colour of
the lamp housing, silver, white, etc.
I remember reading about an alternative head they made which housed four
bulbs, instead of just one. Immediately after selling the enlarger, I found
one of those heads, but they're quite scarce, I've not seen one since!

Jem