Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh link
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 22:35:38 -0500

Austin Franklin jotted down the following:

>> The point of focus is in front of the table.  It's showing you
>> the bokeh.
>
> Focus should be decreasing, not the same...  It appears when you change the
> aperture, everything de-focuses the same, not progressively toward the rear.
> May be it just doesn't look right on my notebook screen.  I'll try it on a
> monitor...

Hmm, you're right: didn't think about that.  I suppose that at some point,
far from the lens ("infinity"?) the light rays would result in a uniformally
defocussed image.  Maybe that's what's being simulated.  Who knows.  I
thought it was fun, and it had the word "bokeh" in it, so I posted the
link... ;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard                  | We are living in times of unprecedented
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU    | arrogance and the belief in the supremacy
email: howard.390@osu.edu      | of Man and Technology over Nature.