Subject: [Leica] tips on laying in front of a train (was 24mm lense)
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 12:06:31 -0500 (EST)

Dante A. Stella jotted down the following:

>> has come to a complete stop and has its doors open. The idea was to
>> keep people from being able to commit suicide by jumping onto the rails
>> in front of the on-coming trains.
>> Jesus, how un-romantic for Paris!

martin howard answered:

>Blood and guts on the tracks is not exactly what I'd call romantic, but
>then maybe some of Kyle's gothic friends would disagree... ;)

laying on the tracks with a far off gaze awaiting the train is romantic.
blood and guts on it are not. here's how it usually works in the goth
leicaslacker circles:

"hey, what are you doing on the tracks?"
"waiting for the 2:19 to change my mind"
"would you mind if i ran home and got my leica? we'd still have time to
make the 3:25"
"okay. i'll be over here on the bench reading Childe Harolde."

[returns shortly with black paint M6J -- all the goths have them]

"i'm back and just in time for the 3:25."
"what?"
"weren't you going to lay on the tracks and wait for the train?"
"oh why bother? what's the point? i'd ruin this dress. oh, i'm so
depressed. i've decided to smoke clove cigarettes until i die."

[exunt]

kc