Subject: Re: [Leica] Is Agfapan 25 still made and distributed outside the USA?
From: "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:25:45 -0000

Hi Ted

They have made the last batch in Germany, there will be no more
production, a great loss, I had only recently discovered this film.
The expiry date on the last batch is 2005 so if you fill the freezer
it should be good for at least another 10 years, buy all you can if
theres any left in the dealers.  I have a pitifully small stock of it
in 120 and 135, as much as I could afford, hopefully enough for a year
or two. :-(

Jason Hall

> Hello.
>
> I thought I would post this inquiry to the user group because it
seems there are many list subscribers worldwide.

> Recently AGFA's US distributor announced that Agfapan 25, their
wonderful fine grained B&W film, was being "discontinued". It has
since become very scarce on dealers' shelves here in the States.

> My question is... is this film still produced at all in Germany? Is
it still sold in the UK? The Continent? Hong Kong and Asia? If so, is
there an international dealer who would ship to the USA?

> Agfapan 25 is one of the reasons why I use 35mm at all. The image
quality when the film is processed in Rodinal is quite high.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Is Agfapan 25 still made and distributed outside the USA?)