Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 mm f/1.4
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:16:51 +0000

> details.The Nikon has only marginally
> less performance at center wide open and marginally less corner performance at
> f/5.6.  And this is Nikon's cheapest 50mm ever.

I believe their findings were accurate: my experience with both lenses was
the same. However the Leica lens has a much more attractive and less harsh
contrast. The Nikon mount was a pretty cheezy plastic one which wore out
very rapidly. OTOH the Leica one (50/2) of that era was not very sturdy
either IME: I got through three of them.
- --
Adrian Bradshaw
Corporate and Editorial Photography
Beijing, China