Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: @#&$$& Watermarks!!
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:58:32 -0800 (PST)

Martin Howard wrote:
My rinsing procedure:
    * Fill tank with fresh water.  Invert five times.  Dump.
    * Fill tank with fresh water.  Invert ten times.  Dump.
    * Fill tank with fresh water.  Invert twenty times.  Dump.
    * Fill tank with fresh water.  Invert twenty times.  Dump.
    * Fill tank with distilled water.  Squirt in Photo-Flo.
      Soak reels for 10-30s, pull them out, hang to dry.
That should be quite adequate rinsing.
The fresh water rinses are fine but if your water's hard (i.e. has high
mineral content) only one subsequent distilled water rinse is unlikely
to be sufficient to avoid drying marks. I'd add a couple more distilled
water rinses *after* your Photo-Flo step, if I were you. Try it,
anyway. Good luck.

BTW, have you considered the possible adverse atmospheric effects of
dumping so many times? And is it wise to "squirt" in the Photo-Flo?
;-) ;-)

Regards,

=====
Ray