Subject: Re: [Leica] Buying New Enlarger. Saunders 4500II?
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:07:45 EST

In a message dated 1/30/01 8:19:49 AM, Vtnn43e@aol.com writes:

<< I was wondering if anyone out there owns a Saunders  4500 II?  >>

Zack,
I have this enlarger and like it a lot.  I use it for 35mm and 4x5.  It is
quite precise  (after adjustment) and easy to use.  The bit about it being
permanently aligned is a bit of a crock in my opinion.  My came from the
factory unaligned.  After a few phone calls to Saunders I found someone who
told me how to align it-everyone else said to return it to them.  I use a
Parallel laser guided alignment tool by Versalab which I highly recommend.
The whole process takes about 10 minutes and the judicial use of shims.
After getting it set up I couldn't be happier.

Richard Wasserman