Subject: Re: [Leica] Silver Cells vs Lithium in the M6-TTL
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 05:59:04 +0000

Rolf Katzenstein wrote:
>Is it correct that two V76 or equivalent cells are more reliable than the
>single lithium cell supplied with the current M6-TTL? Thanks.

Reliable in what sense? I have used both and have found them to power my M6
meter nicely.

All said, in the old days, when Lithiums was not available, silver cells
were highly prized for their shelf life and they almost never leaked
(compared to alkalines).  I suppose these attributes made silver cells
reliable.

Dan K.

              Faith sees things that are out of sight.