Subject: Re: [Leica] Vuescan update
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:35:04 -0500

John-
This guy is on the ball- he has a Mac version as well as a LINUX version!
The new version drives both my Scan Dual (old 'un) and my really ancient
UMAX S-12 . In fact, the UMAX is on a 'non-standard' SCSI card, and when the
computer reports a 'link failure' or 'device not found' error, the VUESCAN
still manages to find it, and make it work!!
If you have a Mac- try it. It ain't fancy, and the interface is not real
intuitive, but it is relativly easy to use, and make wonderful scans- better
than the packaged software!
Dan