Subject: Re: [Leica] Long M Lenses
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 18:59:30 -0700

The tubes replace the "long" PLOOT/Viso 1 registration. The lenses designed
to fit the Viso 2 or 3 are longer to make up for the shorter registration.
So here it is in simple form:

long tube + short lens (400/5, 200/4, etc) = infinity focus

long tube + long lens (400/6.8, 560/6.8, etc) = close focus only

With original Leica parts, the only combination which will match the short
registration of the Viso 2 or 3 is a 14127 (viso 2 or 3 lens to R bayonet) +
22228 (R bayonet to M bayonet).

John Collier