Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: @#&$$& Watermarks!!
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 20:04:17 -0500

> I think water marks are a "rite-of-passage" for those just
> delving into the
> wet darkroom world. Like zits for adolescents. ;-)

I have been doing wet darkroom work for 30 years, and I find most times I
make an environment change, they crop up again.  It can be the water, it can
be the method/rate of drying...the new tank system (if you PhotoFlo in
tanks)...

Cripes, I just moved my processor from one end of the lab to the other, and
voila!  Water marks!  Unbeknownst to me until now, one end of my lab had
conditioned/filtered water, and the other had unconditioned/unfiltered
water.  The straight from the tap well water gave me no problems, the
conditioned/filtered water has been the source of a myriad of new problems!