Subject: RE: [Leica] How not to spell "Hers"
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:39:56 -0700

Johnny is probably one of those lucky people who had to do Anglo-Saxon as
part of his English degree..?

Once, I had a young 2nd Lieutenant who was on attachment while doing his
degree in Anglo-Saxon. Whilst on manoeuvres in the UK he was quite useful.
Whilst looking at the map to plan moving our Infantry company he would make
comment like - "hmmm we should consider another route there - the name of
that piece of ground comes from the Old English meaning swamp or boggy
ground" or "it doesn't seem to marked on the map, but that farm name means
nestled under a small cliff"  ... so it is useful for something  :)

Tim