Subject: [Leica] Extensis Portfolio
From: "Steve Unsworth" <mail@steveunsworth.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 10:10:17 -0000

I'm using the trial version of Portfolio desktop to attempt to catalogue the
photographs I have on CD. So far it's looking very positive - the time taken
to produce the thumbnails seem much lower than other programs I have tried
in the past. However I have a couple of questions that I hope someone may be
able to answer.

What relationship do people use between catalogues and galleries. Go you
have one master catalogue and then hold the individual films in separate
galleries within that catalogue, or do you hold each film in a separate
catalogue? If you use separate catalogues for each film, how easy is it to
do searches across catalogues (I believe that you can only search 'open'
catalogues)?

Is it possible to add text to all the images in a gallery - for example I've
just imported a film I took at the Lowry centre at Salford, can I add the
keywords 'Lowry' and 'Salford' to all the images without having to edit each
individually.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and I apologise for not mentioning
hats or shoes once - damn I just have.

Regards

Steve Unsworth