Subject: [Leica] Nasty Tillies! I hates'em. I hates'em all!*
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 08:53:44 -0700

*a reference to the Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien

A little touchy there Dave :-)!

Unfortunately, not everyone who wears a Tilley hat, perhaps even few who
wear a Tilley hat,  is a particularly savvy outdoorsperson. People have
dreams about that great outdoor trip where they hunt/fish/hike and commune
with nature. The realities of rain, insects, uncomfortable bedding, toilets
at the end of a shovel, et al, comes as a bit of a shock and often makes
them less than wonderful company. And, as these fly-in trips are very
expensive to say the least, a certain customer type, who is perhaps used to
having underlings to boss around and complain to, may be more prevalent than
ourselves, with our assuredly sunny dispositions. So please cut the hard
working independent bush pilot a break....and do not put on the Tilley until
they have taken off.

John Collier