Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V19 #63
From: "Craig Semetko" <csemetko@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:31:19 -0800

Hello everybody,

Does anyone have the f4 80-200 R zoom? What are your opinions of its
performance, weight and handling?Also, I'd love to hear your opinions
comparing an R6.2, an R7, and an R8. The R8 feels bulky and heavy to me,
although I understand many feel this way initially but seem to forget about
it after a few months of use. Has this been anyone's experience? Clearly,
the R6.2 is closest to the M6 but the idea of having a program mode is
appealing. I have a pretty complete M system already and the only way I can
justify jumping into the R series is for the longer lenses, however I've
become quite attatched to the M size and weight. I'd like to stay as light
weight and efficient as possible, and a zoom would seem to be the ticket.

Thank you for your input,

Craig