Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Mephistos; The ending
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:43:12 -0500

Brougham wrote:

> Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
>
> > The ones advertised in the states are well over $200, but I got mine
> > in France for less than half that.
>
> Are they worth well over $200 to you?  That is, if you were buying a
> new pair today at that price, would you?

Wait, put it another way....Those of us on this list are paying about
$1800 for a little metal box with a rangefinder in it and we question
$220 shoes? Or, even more to the point, some of us pay $400-600 for
60-year-old LTM bodies and we question the price of a pair of
comfortable shoes? Pardon me while I try to refocus my screen...:-)

B. D.

Replies: Reply from "Jean-Marc.Becker" <Jean-Marc.Becker@wanadoo.fr> (Re: [Leica] Re: Mephistos; The ending)
Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: Re: Mephistos; The ending)
Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Mephistos; The ending)