Subject: [Leica] OT: AF survey
From: "Birkey" <dbirkey@uio.telconet.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:21:41 -0500

For AF, I use Canon EOS and lately the D30 for most work related images...

Sometimes I use M for work when it is the better tool for the job, as well
as for some travel images and virtually all of my personal work.  I recently
ditched all of my Canon FD stuff and replaced it  (ha!) this past month with
a R8 and 80-200 f/4 to get the shots that the M camera is incapable of.
Actually I like R8 8-200 and M6 w 35 shooting combination with the 24M and
50 M in the Domke 803 bag... works pretty nice, but I haven't had time to
shoot much with it lately....

I'm in the process of organizing 2000 plus images on my hard drives at work
and getting them on to cd's and into Extensis Portfolio....  I discovered
after working a few days that I still had 330 some images buried in many
folders and subfolders and subfolders with untitled as part of their
name....   most were under the name Untitled-1 and 2.  Needless to say.... I
procrastinated too much on that project....  And well I've got a viable
file-name system that I think will finally work.  I hope.

Frankly... I rarely use AF and have the camera set in manual exposure mode
100% of the time.  I like the wide range of fast zooms, variable metering
modes, built in motor and TTL flash though.

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio, Quito Ecuador
Duane's Photographs of Ecuador:
http://duane_birkey.tripod.com