Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Black Paint, Leitz Wetzlar Back on Top
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:52:53 -0500

> Many Leica watchers are predicting black paint will once again become a
standard
> Leica M finish this year.  Time will tell.
>
> I was surprised to be told by two sources about a new "Japanese Market M6."
>
> The top plate is said to have "Leitz Wetzlar" in Leica script, stamped instead
> of engraved. I'm told it's available in six flavors:  chrome or black chrome
in
> your choice of .58, .72, or .85 finders.   This is apparently not limited
> production, but a standard option.
>
> Stephen Gandy

hmmmm...could they be test marketing it?

I was not interested in the LHSA or Millenium black paint models because I
am a user not a collector and do not really mind some brassing. Bring out a
regular M6 black paint with the Leica stuff on the top plate and i will take
two.

Steve
Annapolis

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] M6 Black Paint, Leitz Wetzlar Back on Top)