Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V19 #56
From: Heavysteam@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 06:21:16 EST

<<But I'm always far more concerned about the "in focus part" and whether itmakes a good picture to start with! The out of focus is just the fluff>>

I've heard this argument before and never accepted it.
Unless you blank out the defocused areas of your
pictures when you print them, they are just as much a
part of the image as the focused areas.   A true
professional is concerned with (and controls) the
entire image, often picking a lens and aperture setting
to control the overall effect, including using DOF
control to "focus" attention on the subject.    Getting the subject composed and in focus is Photo101 and
just the first part of the equation.
..Randy

Replies: Reply from "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V19 #56)
Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V19 #56)