Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Reporter
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:05:41 -0800

This was a good 20 years ago....

A young couple walks into the Pasadena Camera Show.... they pull out an old
Black Leica in like new conditioon ( No brassing with all the gadgets that
came in that original leather case)  that their Grandpa left them.....  He
had died the month before.....They would like to know what it was worth.....

No one would tell them, but everyone would like to know at what price they
wanted to sell it...They were offered $150 from one dealer, and they were
tempted to take the $$$ and run......

The gent I was sharing the table with gave them the only honest advice of
the day.....

Put it in a vault and take it out when your kids are ready for college....It
will pay for their education....

Leica A Serial Number 1953.  I remember the S/N exactly.  I am not sure, but
I think it had an Anastigmat lens.

Debra..... Put it in a vault and take it out when your kids are ready for
college....It will pay for their education.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dpainter@Bigfoot.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica Reporter)