Subject: [Leica] RE: Leica Users digest V19 #60
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:51:13 -0600

Austin

>>I get sick of hearing about 'trees'.  Trees are NOT in any danger.  There
are plenty of f**ing trees, and if you don't think so, then come up to my
house, and you can take as many as you want.<<

In my neck of the woods -- and I do mean woods -- if you get caught cutting
down a tree over 5 inches in diameter without a permit (even if it's on your
own property) you can be cited, fined and even jailed. Some people take
trees very seriously.

Personally, I found a way to circumvent the rules. I just hang something
with lots of surface area when the next ice storm  blows out of the Columbia
River Gorge.

"But sir, I was just attempting to dry those photographs by hanging them in
the tree...and yes, the stout manila ropes were appropriate."

Dave