Subject: Re: [Leica] Handling Photo Critique (was: More PAW's question re comments asked for.)
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 17:23:17 -0500

Tim Spragens jotted down the following:

>> Do I have the competence?  Yes.  Do I have the time?  No.
>
> Martin, if you totted up all the time you spent writing quips for the
> LUG, how much webwork would that allow?

There is a common misconception regarding time: that the variability is in
quantity.  It isn't.  It's in quality.  We have whatever time we have.  It's
how we make use of it that counts.

Besides, it's a question of leverage.  I know that I could work out how to
do it, but I'd have to do the working out.  It's not like someone who does
DB-backed websites all day long and who already *know* what steps to take
and in which order.  I don't have the tools.  Either I'd have to build them,
or learn existing ones.

Now, if someone designs this and wants me to critique it from a usability
point of view, THERE I can help.

Finally, it takes me almost no time to "write quips for the LUG".  If you
added it up, you'd get perhaps an effective 30 min per day.  There is not
much "web work" I can do in 30 minutes.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                | "Once you understand the process of co-
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU  | ordination, it's much easier to avoid.
email: howard.390@osu.edu    | Knowledge is power."  -- K. Christoffersen.