Subject: Re: [Leica] RE:AF SLR Survey - What is AF?
From: "Logan Reinwood" <reinwood007@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:50:56 -0000

>From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@inicia.es>
>To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
>Subject: [Leica] RE:AF SLR Survey
>Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:37:26 +0100
>

>What's AF? ;-)
>
>Cheers
>
>Alastair
>
>Something that the so called then Leitz  researched many years ago,
>Correfot
>if I am not mistaken, and that Carl Zeiss promissed never go on before to
>offer the 645 AF and the new N1. Somethings that allow sport pros
>concentrate on the action. Something sometimes very usefull.

Thanks Felix for you comment,

It's so trivial to recognize the benefits of AF.
I am sure that if Leica would be (or would have been) able to design an
excellent AF systemas Canon and Nikon (and others) there would be a lot less
Leica users "against" AF :-)
If you take a photographer good in using a MF camera and you give him an AF
camera he can do just do the same as before plus a lot more thus implying
probably lot more (good) shots. (Just objectivity).

Then, comments are matter of quality of lens and obviously of "religious
fights".

cheers,

logan.

P.S. proud owner of an EOS + 300 2.8 USM L + M6 + M3 + 5 leica lenses and
one skopar :-). Use My Ms 95% :-)