Subject: Re: [Leica] Shudder-bug
From: Cmrausr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:44:23 EST

B.D.

It's OK to not like Shutterbug, but it is only one small example of thousands
of poorly produced publications in this country alone, which contribute to
the death of trees.  You just have much higher visual and content standards
than some folks, like many of us on the LUG.

Shutterbug get pilloried here regularly because it is a particularly good
example of a bad publication, that happens to be  loosely based on a craft,
either writing or photography (or both), from which we make a living, or
participate in as more than "just" a hobby.

It's too bad that more of the Shutterbug advertisers haven't spread out their
ad dollars to better publications over the years, and I'm not including Pop
Photo and that ilk in the group either. Maybe we'd have more choice in
quality photography publications if they had.

I bet that if the contract advertisers in today's Shutterbug and Popular
Photography, got together and told the magazine publishers that they were
pulling their ads unless the editorial content were improved, things would
change quickly.

Are you listening Henry Posner??

cheers
Scott Stewart