Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Week 4 is up from SL
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 07:16:28 -0500

  Steve LeHuray wrote:

>> All comments and criticism are welcome.

http://www.streetphoto.net/wk4.html
http://www.streetphoto.net/wk4a.html

  Alastair Firkin comments:

> Ok, lets get ugly ;-0

I'm ready

> I think this is a fine record of events that day, but there are dozens of
> these guys all over the world, and they are "too easy" a target --- we (a
> large group of LUGNUTS spent some time photographing  them in London last
> time I was there). So to make a great image is going to be difficult. Some
> how the image needs to rise above just being there.

That may be true in London and other parts of the world, in Washington, DC
street musicians are a recent addition to a city that only a couple decades
ago was a sleepy southern town. It is now emerging as a world class city
with many diverse cultures. So for me this is still a novelty.

> You have captured the expressions on the players at a good time, but I (and
> its my opinion ) don't like the "big black taxi" crusing between them.

If you look closely you can see on the side of the taxi 'M.Cruze Taxi',
kinda fits in with the musicians.

> I need more from this situation. Some of the crowd and their reactions to the
> music, or a comic background.

This is only one picture. I was not trying to do a essay.

> Tough subject in my opinion because it is too easy -- this has always been
> my critisism of similar images I've taken in London Melbourne New Orleans
> etc.

Of course you can say the same thing about just about any picture taken in
the last 100 years. Nothing new under the sun.

> cheers

Thank you for the critique.

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au> (Re: [Leica] Re: Week 4 is up from SL)
Reply from Shan <shan@montana.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Week 4 is up from SL)