Subject: Subject: [Leica] Italy: Camera/lens advice
From: Peter Zak <pzak@desidero.com.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:50:36 +1100

Take the lightest possible kit.

I've travelled to Italy twice in the last 2 years.  1st time with N**** SLR
which ripped my shoulder off, 2nd time with Leica M.

I took a Voitglaender 15, 25, 50 and 90 mm Summicrons in a Domke 803 with a
Minilux on my Belt.  Next time I'll try to go with less.

The Domke was superb to travel with - I left is out in the sun and rain
before going so it looked completely 2nd hand.

Insure your gear, I did and didn't worry about it there after.

A must get is a Leica Table top tripod and head - fitted nicely into the
side pocket of the Domke.

Almost all of the colour film I shot was either Velvia or K25/200.

I must get for this trip are some books by Sandra Gustavson titled "Cheap
Eats" and "Cheap Sleeps" in Italy, these cover Rome, Florence and Venice.
They are superb guides - we didn't go wrong with any of her recommendations.

I'm sure everybody has their favourites, but Da Francesca Restaurant in Rome
near Piazza Navona is mine.  They make the world's best Pizzas and the
Antipasto is superb.

Enjoy your trip, I'm going back real soon.

Regards,

Peter Zak.

Replies: Reply from "Bill Harting" <wharting@adelphia.net> (Re: Subject: [Leica] Italy: Camera/lens advice)