Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW 4 is up
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:21:55 GMT

Matt Kollasch writes:

> PAW 4 is up at
> http://www.uni.edu/kollasch/photo/paw/pages/week-04.htm
> with 2 alternates.
>
> I appreciated Ted's comments earlier regarding what we might expect in
> comments.  Thus, in that spirit I am looking forward to comments that
> will help me become a better photographer.  I like to think I can take
> it! Cheers from Iowa.  /matt

Ok, I'm game;

I like this image, though it was not immediately obvious as to why.
(perhaps the creamy reflected Bokeh ;-) )

I'm glad you did not give it a title. Some images are designed to be
evokative and should be left without anything but visual influence, and for
me this was one. I've called it shattered dreams, as it makes me think of
something thrown away/discarded before its "use by date" and it also
"speaks" of waste. The colours are soft and non-intrusive, but I do not
think this particular image would be better in b/w

All in all, I'm surprised you saw this image, and it is a credit IMHO to
your eye.

Keep them coming.

Cheers

Alastair