Subject: Vs: [Leica] Non-Leitz Leica-fit stuff
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:18:04 +0100

I am not a linguist but I have studied a couple of Finno-Ugric languages (Estonian and Hungarian) and I am a natural speaker of one (Finnish) and as far as I know Turkish is not related to Finno-Ugric languages although the Turks seem to think so. The are some words loaned from Turkish to Hungarian and vice versa but that´s about it. Japanese is not related to Finnish but there are similarities. Actually Korean is a very, very, very distant relative of Finnish but AFAIK Korean and Japanese are not related. Of course, if you go as far back as to the famous Lucy, we are all relatives.
All the best!
Raimo
Personal photography homepage at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen