Subject: Re: [Leica] Inauguration photos
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 07:49:18 -0500

>Simon; Will you be posting anymore? In that I'm about 350 miles
>south of Disney on the Potomac, I stayed home. Maybe next time.
>Cheers Wilber

Hi Wilber!

Given the scope of the LUG, that's close enough to call you "neighbor."
There are about 3-4 more shots I want to take a look at maybe printing.
I'll hopefully get to those this weekend but I don't want to scrape the
barrel too much as in fact I only shot one roll of film on Saturday. I
started with the intention of shooting more but:

1. It was dumping freezing rain and sleet.
2. It was really crowded and once I got what I thought was a decent spot
I couldn't move.
3  Did I mention it was dumping freezing rain and sleet? :)

After a while my fingers were so cold it was a challenge just to change
lenses let alone reload. Each time I unbolted a lens I felt sure it was
going to slip out of my hands and go crashing to the ground to be
stomped underfoot and roll away where I wouldn't be able to reach it.
All in all the experience was fun for the atmosphere, but physically it
reminded me a lot of some of my colder infantry days and I was pretty
happy to get home.

Simon Stevens

Replies: Reply from "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com> (Re: [Leica] Inauguration photos)