Subject: [Leica] Re: Vertical VF adjustment tool
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:34:53 -0800

It is not even close to being a screwdriver. It is a very very tiny
eccentric head and offset post at the end of a long hex rod, necked down to
a very tiny round throat at the eccentric head. The tool is so fragile that
I have mine taped to a steel rod for storage. Not exactly easy to make.
That and a limited demand is probably responsible for the price.

It doesn't take too many FedEx bills and Leica (or whomever) repair bills
to eat up the price of the tool. So you have three choices. Pay up front
and never again. Pay continually out the back. Don't ever pay and never
re-align your V-RF when it goes out.

Jim