Subject: Re: [Leica] AF SLR for Leica Users
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:05:29 -0500

Adam Bridge jotted down the following:

>>> Now I'm putting B&W in my M6-TTL and getting on with the craft. The M6 is
>>> lighter, smaller, and somehow even less work than the D30. I get to do the
>>> thinking, the controls are incredibly simple, and if something doesn't come
>>> out I've learned more about photography.
>>
>> And this comes as a surprise?
>>

> Hmmmm...that sorta had the sound of a put-down. I think it's more an
> observation of moving between what are different mediums: auto to manual.

I wrote the comment, and I didn't mean it as a put down (read it with a
smile).  But every single testimony I know of about the M cameras is that
they are smaller and simpler than automagic everything SLRs.  They let you
and require you to do the thinking, the controls are simple, and any
mistakes you make are yours alone.  And you tend to learn from those
mistakes.  So, I was just wondering what was new about your observation?  It
sounded a bit like "grass is green" to me ;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | "Close doesn't shoot any rabbit"
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |                     -- Swedish idiom