Subject: RE: [Leica] Yasuhara T-981
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 18:54:22 -0000

Slobodan,
Indeed, I had a Yasuhara as Joseph mentioned, though I had nowhere near the
complaints that he suffered.

In fact, it's hard to recall what disappointments I did have. It was
flimsy, with plastic parts and the sound of the shutter was quite 'clacky'.
It held a distinguished position as the first screw mount rangefinder to be
made in Japan since the mid 1960s. I eventually sold mine on to Stephen
Gandy whose web site now contains pictures and some information about the
camera.
The cost is equivalent to a Bessa-R, and that's what I'd choose with the
money. But then I also saw an M4-P for 400 UKP last week which would be an
even better choice!

Jem