Subject: [Leica] One of those annoying "Which would you choose" posts....
From: MEBerube <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:51:06 -0500

LUGfolk;

I have a fairly nice example of a Jupiter 3 -50/1.5 (or 1,5/50 if you
prefer) that I got in a trade from a fellow LUGger. I can squeak it into
producing "passable to good" images and it works well in low light where
I'd otherwise need faster film or a flash( which is why I wanted it). It
didn't cost me all that much  but has a decidedly cheaply made feel (it IS
aluminium after all) has some slight element marks and is not all that much
a joy to use.

I had set my sights on a new Cosina Nokton but have since found a lead on a
fairly nice Summarit.

Has anyone written a comparison out there between the three that any
LUGgers know of? I poked about in the archives but didn't find any
comparison between the three. I know this question annoys some of you, but
would YOU spend $350 or so for the Summarit, spend about the same on a new
spotless Nokton (under warranty) or just buy more film and use the Jupiter 3?

If you are one of the LUGgers this type of questions annoys, please accept
my apologies for making you hit your delete key.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube

Replies: Reply from MEBérubé <MEB@goodphotos.com> (Re: [Leica] One of those annoying "Which would you choose" posts....)