Subject: [Leica] AF SLRS
From: pjs <pjs@worldpath.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 07:37:08 -0500

Pascal:
> >> Minolta = Good optical quality, but slow AF speed and no digital body.
> > Forget Minolta.
Tina:
Why?
Minolta was all I could afford before I got my Leicas.  They are fine
cameras with some pretty good lenses.  The 85/1.4 is a fantastic lens
that I still use and the fast 200 is very good, too.
Phil:
Aren't several Leicas made by Minolta?  The CL is obvious, but I've been
told several of the SLR's and point and shoots are made by Minolta.
	I can show you a portfolio of twenty excellent photos (putting
aesthetics aside, we're just talking sharp, contrasty 11X14's from 35mm)
and you won't be able to tell me which camera took which photo.  Any
quality camera in the hands of a quality photographer will give quality
results.  In the 60's I shot with Minolta SLRs and Leica M's. (Mostly
hand held Tri-X.) Side by side, the Leica shots were a little sharper in
the corners.
	Like picking a puppy from a litter, I suggest that you pick up these
cameras, look through the finders, and see which feels and looks right
to you.  You can make great images with any of them.
	Phil Stiles