Subject: Re: [Leica] AF SLR for Leica Users
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@idea-processing.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 15:59:24 -0800

I've been having fun playing with my D30. I've had it not quite a week. I'm
enjoying it. Mostly I work in one of the "creative zone" modes with
autofocus on but set to either shutter or aperture priority. There are a
zillion different modes. In full auto, and in reasonable light, you can
point and shoot without thinking. You can set it to auto-bracket exposures
etc.

It's big. The lens is big. It's quiet - no film to move around. I recommend
playing with one if you get the chance. You can chose to record to memory in
raw form or a variety of JPEG sizes.

For pulling things into video its great.

Now I'm putting B&W in my M6-TTL and getting on with the craft. The M6 is
lighter, smaller, and somehow even less work than the D30. I get to do the
thinking, the controls are incredibly simple, and if something doesn't come
out I've learned more about photography.

Now I get to learn about darkrooms, hehehe. Mixing up my first batch of
chemicals this afternoon!

Best regards,

Adam Bridge