Subject: Re: [Leica] my first test with the 12/5.6
From: "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 22:45:12 -0800

Tom,

I couldn't put my own sentiment into words as well as you did below.
Regardless of emotional aspects, trademarks are just trademarks, and names
are names, belonging to the legal owners.  I can sort of understand Marc's
objection to how the name is now far removed from its history, though.
Using the same logic, however, RingFoto was no more a rightful user of the
Voigtlander name, or Leica AG (which I understand does not own the rights to
the scripted Leica logo) is of the Leica name.

Vive la difference!

> Marc, in my mind Voigtlander is indeed selling stuff today. Cosina bought
the
> name from RingFoto/Germany and just as BMW owns Rolls Royce, VW owns
Bentley