Subject: Re: [Leica] my first test with the 12/5.6
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 20:09:09 EST

Dan. Voigtlander does have a bubble-level that attaches to the 'double" shoe
that they make. It does simplify holding the camera level. It is rather
pricey, around US$ 140 or so. By the time you put the finder, the double shoe
and the bubble-level on the Bessa-L it looks like some kind of Evil
Transmogrifier! It works well, but you need to use it together with the
handgrip. Voigtlander makes these too (surprise)! I have one of these, it
looks like a black, oversized teardrop that screws in to the base. Looks
weird, but works remarkably well. The left hand becomes the 'socket" in a
strange ball and socket arrangement. I have several versions of handgrip,
ranging from a piece of wood, cut from a broomstick with 1/4"-20tpi screw in
it to fancy, cable release incorporated Linhof/Hasselblad/Rollei grips.
Voigtlander 'teardrop" is the most comfortable one.
 There is bound to be falloff with a 12 mm lens. I find that the it is on the
same level as with the 15 mm Heliar, less than the Hologon 15/8.
 Tom A