Subject: [Leica] Exposure Meters
From: "Stuart Boyd" <shortymx@compaq.net.mx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:09:43 -0600

There have been many recent articles re: exposure meters.  If your interest
is mainly in B&W, and you like the "zone system", I can recommend the Pentax
Digital Spotmeter sold by the "Zone IV" company in Newfane, Vermont.  (their
products are carried by Calumet Camera).  The meter is modified by them for
use with B&W film, it is extremely accurate, highly repeatable, and VERY
easy to use.  Over the years I've used many meters, however this is the best
I've used so far.

Granted, the zone system may appeal mostly to large format users, however if
you like that system, use mostly B&W, and want a spotmeter, it will be worth
your time to take a look at the Pentax Digital Spotmeter modified by "Zone
IV".