Subject: [Leica] WAS:Rapidwinder/grip NOW:parachute jump! :-)
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 08:38:02 -0800

Ted Grant wrote:
> to the high position after a bad landing on my first parachute jump after
I turned 65. ;-) But then that's another story!:-)<<<<<<<<<

"julianthomas.terra.es" responded::

Aw heck Julian it's only a number! ;-) And there wasn't anything to it, just
jumped out, chute opened and I floated to the ground! Piece of cake! I just
didn't pull down on the toggle cords hard enough and went in for a "slightly
harder than normal landing!"

You know,  something like coming in for a hard landing in a 747! ;-)

No I didn't take a Leica as I figured I'd have enough just remembering what to
do in handling the chute. And no I haven't been back again as my wife
threatened, even if I landed safely, she'd kill me! So being married to this
lady for 51 years and knowing her for her word I thought it a reasonable
assumption not to jump again! :-)

Besides imagine the newspaper headlines: "Husband makes successful parachute
jump, but is killed by irate wife!" :-)

ted Grant

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] WAS:Rapidwinder/grip NOW:parachute jump! :-))
Message from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Rapidwinder/grip)