Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: kids? leica? a stern reprimand from the PLUG
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 07:08:02 -0800

Brougham wrote:

> Ted <tedgrant@home.com> wrote:
>
> > So gentle men, you are both right and both wrong! Now figure that out
> > and it'll start another topic! ;-)
>
> That just means you're indecisive, Ted!  For shame!  We're supposed to
> be using Leicas so that we can capture the *decisive* moment, and there
> you are, waffling around all over the place!  :)<<<<<<<

Naw it's not me waffling.  I've been on the journey, know where I'm going
while knowing I've been on the greatest journey since I started playing
photographer. The only stops along the way have been to make prints or
slides as the fruits of the journey. Then catching the train once again as
it once more pulls out taking me onto another great photo journey.

Too many of these young lads think about all this photography stuff and get
all esoteric about it instead of just shooting away and having great fun
doing it.

If you can't be a photographer without what appears on the LUG at times,
"way too much brain involvement" and just go do it,  much like having sex
and enjoying it without thinking about it, then one should just sit back
and read books! ;-)

And I have always enjoyed both without any thought process, but merely the
feelings of enjoyment! ;-)

ted Grant