Subject: Re: [Leica] Lunasix lunacy
From: Randy Holst <mistervolvo@home.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:40:30 -0700

"Peter A. Klein" wrote:

[snip]
> With all that's going on, I'm not sure I trust the meter, and I'm not
> sure I want to spend $50 to $70+ on a 30 year-old meter I could only
> sell for $30.  Also, I wonder if the Wein cells will change voltage over
> time, with a change in reading.
[snip]

Hi Peter,

I went through the same hassle with my old Luna Pro and decided to save
the few PX625 mercury cells I have left for the meters in my older
cameras.  Two years ago I bought a new Gossen Luna Pro Digital and never
looked back.  This meter is much faster, easier to use, easier to read,
more versatile and more accurate.  It uses one cheap, easy to find
alkaline AA cell.  Once I got used to the digital meter and learned to
trust it, my exposures have become much more consistent.  I use mine
exclusively in incident mode with color transparency film and have found
I no longer need to bracket my shots at all.

Randy Holst
Boise, Idaho