Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 or Autofocus? AF for sure
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 08:14:58 -0800

Austin Franklin wrote:

> I actually used a TLR for a little while...when I was young and foolish...
> Think about a TLR for photographing, say, Hockey...<<<<<,

Austin

I used a Rollieflex to cover stock racing in the good old days on dirt tracks
while standing 10 yards from the track edge on the infield. Lots of cars
flipping over and wheels flying in the air.

My first published picture, 17 September 1951 with a "Photo by Ted Grant" credit
line, was shot at night using a #40 flash bulb as the left front wheel came off
a car and was airborne into the night. And that was the beginning of a lifetime
of published work. Dang that was along time ago and I sure wouldn't mind doing
it all over again with what I know today. Oh yeah and with all the leica gear
and lenses of today. ;-)

ted