Subject: RE: [Leica] M 21mm lens question
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 11:41:27 -0500

John,

I got a "demo" silver 21 ASPH from adorama last year ($1699 and I think they
still have some).  I agree completely with all the superlatives that Erwin
has listed on his pages in terms of the lack of flare and absence of barrel
distortion in the 21 ASPH. The only time I got the lens to flare is shooting
wide open at subjects in the shadow of a building with the sun peeking out
at the far right of the frame.

If you  care about such things, the silver 21 is drop dead beautiful.  With
the black hood and black viewfinder on a chrome M6 body the outfit is simply
gorgeous! You pay for it in weight though, I think the specs for silver say
100g more than black.  I prefer the heavier weight and the tighter feel of
the chrome focusing mounts but that is obviously a personal preference.

Jonathan Lee