Subject: Re: [Leica] kids? leica? a stern reprimand from the PLUG
From: Cmrausr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 11:14:30 EST

In a message dated 1/17/01 10:54:50 AM, john@pinkheadedbug.com writes:

>This is probably the first thing Kyle's ever posted that I disagree
>COMPLETELY on. For me it's all about the journey. The photographs are a
>means to an end, which is seeing better.

Johnny,

I'm all for people learning to see better as photographers. But sometimes the
JOURNEY happens damned quickly, and if you can make the picture you want with
autofocus, autoexposure, fill flash and a motor drive, that's the way to do
it, because it will produce RESULTS that you can USE. If I want to enjoy the
journey, I use my Leicas. When it means putting bread on the table, lots of
times autofocus et al works better, and I'm better at using it because of the
manual skills I've developed shooting with the rangefinders.

cheers
Scott Stewart