Subject: [Leica] M 21mm lens question
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 08:45:41 -0700

I am in the middle of negotiating a deal on a NOS 21/2.8 Asph and I am
wondering if anyone can comment on the level of distortion in the lens. I
had a 21/3.4 and it had virtually no distortion (flare prone wide open
though). I have heard that the 21/2.8 non-asph had a "wave" like distortion
when focused close (Osterloh). How does the 21/2.8 perform in the distortion
department when compared to the older lenses?

Thanks,

John Collier

PS: Should I get a black chrome or silver chrome finished lens? ;-)

Replies: Reply from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] M 21mm lens question)