Subject: [Leica] kids? leica? a stern reprimand from the PLUG
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:46:35 -0500 (EST)

heny answered his own question when he posted:

>I have been using my M6TTL for a couple of months now
>and put it to the test this weekend with three
>grandchildren, ages 10 months, 2 years, and 6 years.
>
>I just couldn't focus fast enough and missed so many
>great shots.  Went to the zoo and shot more outside
>stuff with greatly varying light which added time to
>setup the f stop.  I was really frusrated and yearned
>for my old Canon EOS3 with zooom lens and auto
>everything.

<lecture>

[with a stern face, the plug waggles a finger]

get your eos3 out of the closet and put your dang zoom lens on it and
press the button. we're not going to criticize you (though i'm sure half a
dozen people will post things like "you need to practice focusing more,
have a friend throw a lens chart into the air and practice photographing
it. then, under a loupe, examine your results.")

because you want to fiddle with a neat old camera is not a good enough
excuse to miss images that you want to capture. unlike skiing,
photography is about the RESULT not the JOURNEY. when you're standing at
the Met in front of your pulitzer prize winning photograph, people may ask
you what kind of camera you used but when you're standing in the MotoPhoto
looking at 36 out of focus photos of bobby's birthday nobody's going to
give a ding what kind of camera you used. get the picture, then worry
about your camera. if your leica aint getting the shot DON'T USE IT.
remember the old addage: "never try and teach a pig to sing. it wastes
time and annoys the pig."

</lecture>

kc

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/leicaslacker/plug/10/index.html