Subject: [Leica] Leitz 90mm f1.0 & 65mm f0.65
From: Rob McElroy <idag@pce.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 03:00:05 -0500

Does anyone have or know where there is any published data on the Leitz 90mm f1.0 and 65mm f0.75 lenses made by Leitz Canada for the Picker X-Ray
company.

I just purchased both lenses (they haven't arrived yet) for use on a custom camera I built for making small circular daguerreotypes. Major amounts of
light are needed for daguerreotypes.  Just think of Kodachrome 25 and add 10 stops more light.

My guess is that the image circles on these lenses may be fairly small, but the Elcan version of the Leitz 90mm f1.0 has been shown mounted on an M3
for the US Navy (see Lager-Lenses p. 232).

Are the Elcan and Picker 90mm f1.0 lenses the same optical design?  Do they have the same size image circle and how big is it?  Are the lenses
corrected only for a narrow portion of the visible spectrum?  Any published resolution or MTF data?

Has anyone ever handled either of these Picker X-Ray lenses?  Both the 65mm and 90mm have a 4"-wide front lens surface.

Thanks for any info. anyone might have.

Regards,
Rob McElroy
Buffalo, NY