Subject: [Leica] Week 3 is Up
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 21:10:24 -0500

>If you are going to be in Washington, DC in the next few days you will
see
>alot of this http://www.streetphoto.net/wk3.html

>Steve
>Annapolis

Actually, probably not. I heard the police chief being interviewed on
NPR the other day. The plan is not to wear riot gear on the assumption
that nobody is planning anything but peaceful & non-disruptive
demonstrations. I think the demonstration planners also realize that you
don't try a Seattle with the Secret Service running around. :)

Anyway, nice picture. It reminds me of a time when I was photographing a
British soldier on a Nato exercise in Poland. "Look mean" I told him. So
of course he started giggling. These guys seem not to have that problem.

Simon Stevens
Washington, DC.