Subject: RE: [Leica] Re-computer 50mm Summilux-M
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:54:09 -0800

Pascal.. it is marketing not engineering... ASPH/APO = new lens sales!  $$$

Leica needs bucks, their computer programs are obviously set for design
useing the most advanced glass materials and designs, the factory knows how
to crank out ASPH elements...And they sell a lot of new lenses that make
them cash..... so why not?  Imagine the sales appeal.....they want to lead
the pack.... Be the first on your block to own a

New! Leica 50mm F1:2.0 APO-ASPH Summicron-M in Black Chromium Mount!
or
Extra New! Leica 50mm F1:1.4 APO-ASPH Summilux-M in Black Chromium Mount!

I can hear the mouths water.......Wait.. I just had a brainstorm....

New! Leica 50mm F 1:2.0 APO-ASPH Hermes-M in Glove soft red normandy
goatskin!

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from Jesse Hellman <hellman@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re-computer 50mm Summilux-M)