Subject: [Leica] Leica 1935
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 05:33:00 EST

I thought LUGers may be interested in an advertisement for new cameras that I
have just seen dated 1935:

Leica III
All automatic focusing (Whatever that meant!) Takes 12 or 36 exposures at a
With f2 Summitar lens
£35:5:0 (£35.25 or $49.50)

Similarly advertised is the Rolleiflex with Zeiss Tessar f4.5 at £20 ($29)
and a number of other cameras, but the Leica is by far the most expensive. To
put it into perspective, there was an advertisement on the next page reading
'Anything photographer in our studio (still life) for 5/6 (£0.52 or about
$0.75)

Interesting times!

Gerry

Gerry Walden (UK)